Year 2015 outputs
Results of the research groups for 2015
Microscopy and Spectroscopy of Surfaces
• Extremely slow electron microscopy yielded a high contrast of single layer layer and mutually translated flakes graphene, and quantitative permeability and grapherence data from 0 to hundreds of eV showed two fluorescence fluorescence lines below 20 eV, the number of which corresponds to the number of graphene layers; the mechanism of growth of the graphene layers above and / under the previous layer.
Microscopy and Microanalysis
• The use of electron microscopy laboratories to display and analyze samples such as thin composite crystalline layers (NaxCoO2), nanoparticles,
• The methodology of determination of angular and energy distribution of detected signal electrons using Monte Carlo simulation and tracing of electrons in fields was elaborated and experimentally verified.
Microscopy for biomedicine
• Develop methodology for the preparation of cryogenically cooled samples of microbial cultures and their biofilms for observation by scanning electron microscopy and optical spectroscopy and analysis by Raman microspectroscopy,
• The Group is actively involved in the project Research Infrastructures Czech-Bioimaging, which is considered as the national partner of the Euro-Bioimaging project.
• Quantitative characterization of perfusion and tissue distribution of tissue contrast agent by pharmacokinetic models with blind and non-deliberate deconvolution, magnetic resonance (MR) and ultrasound in vivo measurements.
• Development of biomedical imaging applications using MR tomography, eg tests of diffusometric markers of increased alpha-synuclein expression in Parkinson's disease, PLGA nanocapsule labeling assays with pro-angiogenic factor VEGF165 SPIO nanoparticles.
• Development of algorithms for segmentation of MR images for the study of spruce somatic embryogenesis. Medical signals
• Completing publicly available advanced visualization and processing software systems in cardiology and neurology ViziProbe and SignalPlant.
• Get the first and second prizes at the Physionet Challenge award for the best algorithm for detecting life threatening arrhythmias in an intensive care unit.
• Analyzes of pathological high frequency oscillation and involvement of various brain structures in cognitive and memory processes.
Environmental Electronic Microscopy (EREM)
• Development of new EREM methods for imaging the morphology of native bio-polymers and sensitive biological samples under conditions of high gas pressure in the sample chamber.
Optical micromanipulation techniques
• Analyzes of optical capture and rotation of non-spherical nanoobjects and microobjects. • Identification of bacterial biofilms and growth media by Raman microspectroscopy
Coherent Lasers and Interferometry
• Capture and optical chilling of the ions as the laser beam system have been achieved.
• New interferometric measurement methods for measuring surface shapes and phase changes using white and coherent interferometry, non-diffractive bundles and interference phase demodulation.
• Verification of fiber optic sensor for vibration and angle measurements based on Fiber Bragg grids for detecting shape changes and deviations of nuclear power plant contamination.
Cryogenics and Superconductivity
• The published transition of Rayleigh-Benard's convection into the marginal regime was questioned by the analysis of experimental data of foreign groups based on their own model
• Participation in COMPASS experiments.
• The high resistance of MoBC coatings to dynamic wear has been demonstrated.
• The deposition technology of hundreds of nanometers of superconducting niobium coatings with a critical temperature of 8.96 K
• The methods of optimization of the properties of electron-optical systems, including the influence of spatial charge, wavelength optical properties of electrons and the influence of deflection defects, have been tested.
• Special methodologies for electron lithography have been developed for comparing write speeds, scattering and homogeneity of shaped beams.
• Development of brazed and welded joints for special industrial applications, eg hermetic grommets, automotive industry, radioactive samples.
• Diagnosis of plasma formation and development in laser welding.
• Active optical elements for power laser applications and technologies have been tested.