Year 2017 outputs
Results of the research groups for 2017
Microscopy and Spectroscopy of Surfaces
• It has been demonstrated that the newly developed ultrasound electron scanning electron microscopy (SEM) method can be used to characterize a new type of fullerene-based hollow nanomaterial to be used in catalytic reactions.
Microscopy and Microanalysis
• The original methodologies have enabled the characterization of SEM nanoparticles.
Microscopy for biomedicine
• Cryogenic SEM has studied the orientation of cellular nanostructures,
localization of nanodiamonds in cancer cells, production of lipids in yeast and
biopolymers in bacteria.
• The Group is actively involved in the project Research Infrastructures Czech-Bioimaging, which is considered as the national partner of the Euro-Bioimaging project.
• Methods for more accurate and reliable quantification of metabolites from in vivo MR spectra have been improved and implemented in jMRUI software.
• A study of the properties of experimental types of nanoparticles
developed for MR diagnostics and therapy was carried out.
• Publication of the original methodology for accurate measurement of dyssynchrony and electrical delay of activation of the heart chambers by means of a high frequency electrocardiogram. Software for automatic processing was rated.
• As the first in the world we have demonstrated that in the deep human brain structures we can measure electrical activity above 1000 Hz, which is located in sources of epileptic propulsion. The research results will allow targeted epileptic tissue removal and gentle epilepsy treatment through selective stimulation.
Environmental Electron Microscopy (EREM)
• The original EREM methods were applied to the micromorphological characterization of live diamonds and to the analysis of pigments of ivory artwork.
Optical micromanipulation techniques
• We have demonstrated the directing of the random motion of many microparticles by a two-dimensional optical ratchet.
• Using machine learning algorithms, we demonstrated the rapid identification of 277 bacterial strains of Staphylococcus by Raman microspectroscopy.
Coherent Lasers and Interferometry
• Simultaneous transmission of optical frequency and accurate time signal over the long-distance optical network.
• A semiconductor laser source at a wavelength of 633 nm for nanometology was completed.
Cryogenics and Superconductivity
• We have experimentally discovered a change in the trajectory and dynamics of turbulent cryogenic Rayleigh-Benar's convection.
• Participation in COMPASS experiments.
• The deposition technique of niobium nitride superconducting coatings has been applied.
• The spatial charge method was successfully tested in the calculation of high-current electron-optical systems in the bundle.
• Analysis, design and preparation of diffractive optically variable imaging equipment (DOVID) consisting of a deterministic aperiodic network of basic optical primitives (phylotactic spiral arrangement).
• The technology for the preparation of thermal W (100) ZrO cathodes was handled.
• An electron welding nozzle with an accelerating voltage of up to 60 kV and a maximum power of 6 kW for the welding of radioactive samples was refined.
• A device for integrating a TIG burner with a laser welding head has been developed and features of the S460 and S700 welding qualities.